- I published two novels (well, one to come in Jan. 2020), Rocks and Flowers in a Box and Mile Marker 139. This is the first time I published two novels in the same year.
- I continued to attend two writer groups and make wonderful friends in both, critiquing others’ works and having mine critiqued.
- I attended the third annual writers conference in my local library community in October.
- I finished my seventh manuscript (Murder: It’s All in Your Head, to be published in 2020 or 2021).
- I started my eighth manuscript (The Apple of Erin’s Eye).
- I wrote five short stories.
- I entered several short story contests.
- I became a paid book reviewer.
- I read 43 books.
- I will finish my eighth manuscript.
- I will publish my sixth novel (Murder: It’s All in Your Head).
- I will write the third novel in the Lorna & Tristan series and hopefully another psychological thriller (like Murder: It’s All in Your Head) called Auditorium 6(66).
- I will write more short stories and continue to enter them in contests.
- I will continue to attend my writers groups.
- I will keep reading.
- I will keep reviewing books for pay.
- I will create a profile on Fiverr as an editor and hopefully get some jobs.
- I will launch my vlog series, Write that Book, Busy Mamas, on YouTube, starting January 6, aimed at helping busy moms (and others) write their first book.
- I will take it easy on myself and reassess my goals as necessary. I came to the realization in 2019 that due to being a mom, I only have so much time, and it won’t likely be until my youngest starts full-day kindergarten in the fall of 2021 that I will have the proper time I need to devote to my writing. Until then, I will keep plugging along and do what I can!
In four and a half years since I committed to my writing goals, I’ve published five books and written eight! I’ve joined two writers groups. I’ve made many wonderful friends, people I wouldn’t have met had I not decided to commit to my writing! Wishing you all a happy and prosperous New Year!